At Craft Scraps, we buy new and gently used craft items. We always enjoy seeing the wonderful things brought into us for consideration in the store. While our buying process is not an exact science, this information is provided in order to enhance the process when selling your items.
An appointment is required in order to have items considered for purchase.
- Information regarding the items we are buying each month is sent out in our email newsletter. Once the newsletter is sent, appointments are opened and they close once all are filled. This usually happens very quickly.
- You can sign-up to receive our email communications on this site, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling or stopping in the shop.
- If you have items you would like us to consider, contact us by stopping in, calling the shop or emailing us, after the newsletter has gone out. We will not make appointments prior to that.
- We will offer you an open time for the buying day for that month, if available. There will be a limited number of openings each month and once full, no additional appointments will be made. Appointments are made on a first come, first serve basis.
- We will not have a rolling appointment list (no appointments for future months will be made). The schedule is for the current month only.
- Two box maximum, per person, per buying day.
- The items we buy each month are based on the items needed for the shop. We are only able to consider the designated items on buying days.
We are unable to accept walk-in sellers. We are not responsible for any items dropped off at the shop.
- We generally do not 'piece out' each item when purchasing, but prefer to buy items in bulk or as a lot. If you have an idea of the pricing you are looking for when you come in, it is a helpful place to start. Please keep in mind that we sell items at 40-75% off retail, so we have to keep our buying prices low as well.
- We do not offer consignment for craft items. We pay cash for your items. All buying transactions are final.
- We consider all types of items for crafting, art, scrapbook/papercrafting, knitting, crochet, mixed-media, jewelry/beading, buttons, fabric, sewing notions, yarn, etc. However, we can only accept items that we are in need of. If you are unsure if you should bring in certain items, please ask.
- Items need to be clean, in good repair, without stains, odor, pet hair, debris, etc.
- We are unable to purchase paints, oils, glues or other similar items.
- Yarn: all types considered; full and 'scrap' skeins. Multiple full skeins (one dye lot/brand) given priority.
- Jewelry: we accept broken or 'junk' jewelry. Our crafters use the pieces for harvesting and various crafts. We are not able to determine the value of jewelry, other than that used for this purpose.
- Books: 2012 or newer or vintage (1970s or older) with themes of crafts, sewing, quilting, crochet, knitting, etc.
- We consider various types of fabric, in new condition, free of odors, pet hair, stains, debris, etc.
- Effective 01/01/17, we will no longer purchase home decor fabrics. The purchase of pre-washed fabrics will be limited.
- Minimum cut of 1/2 yard considered; no scraps please.
We Purchase Fabrics By-The-Pound:
Quilt Quality Cotton = $7.50 per pound
Novelty/Chain Store Cotton = $4.50 per pound
Other types of fabric (apparel, knits, flannels, etc) = negotiated
*20% less offered for pre-washed fabrics
Yarn and fabric are items we most frequently need. Please email us if you have a large amount of fabric or yarn for consideration.
Thank you for your business! We look forward to seeing you soon!